Maintenance Mechanic (Diesel)
Bartlett’s Environmental are a specialist Environmental Management Company located in Geelong and operate throughout Victoria.
We proudly have our own depot workshop consisting of two mechanics and the Maintenance Manager, and service a fleet of 28 trucks and plant.
One of our mechanics is looking to retire from his craft and pass the baton.
So, with a focus on customer service we are seeking a motivated team player with aspirations to succeed, to join our Maintenance Department.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic is to provide quality and efficient mechanical maintenance of on road vehicles and plant within defined service schedules.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be required to service and maintain a large custom-built fleet of trucks, vehicles and equipment to ensure it provides a reliable quality service to its customers.
To be successful in the role the ideal candidate will have;
- At least 5 years’ qualified industry experience in diesel plant maintenance and repairs
- An unrestricted Heavy Rigid Licence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-developed time management skills
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork
- Initiative, drive
- Proven ability to work under broad direction
It is desirable but not essential that you also have;
- Extensive experience in all aspects of maintaining a heavy vehicle fleet the ability to assist the Maintenance Manager as required.
- Experience and skills in welding and fitting would be an advantage
- The ability to undertake, plan and coordinate work which involves communicating with people with diverse skills and attitudes
- Understanding of environmental legislation.
Posted: 25 May 2020
Work Type: Full Time
Classification: Operations & Maintenance